Blackwater Quarries operates Australia wide and is committed to undertaking its business of providing plant hire and construction services to the mining and civil infrastructure industry in a manner consistent with the key business priorities and the expectations and values of the community in which we do business.
It is Blackwater Quarries objective to minimise our impact on the natural, human and built environment by continuously improving our environmental performance through:
- Continuously developing and improving our Environmental Management System to minimise impacts and prevent pollution
- Providing adequate resources to ensure continuous improvement in our environmental capability through training, communication and the implementation of Environmental Improvement Programs
- As a minimum, complying with all legislative, business and government requirements
- Identifying key environmental objectives and measuring our performance in achieving these objectives through the implementation of an environmental strategy
- Monitoring, reviewing and reporting on environmental performance
Blackwater Quarries and Concrete has identified environmental management as being an integral component of business and as such it will be considered when undertaking any business activity.
This policy commits and involves all Blackwater Quarries employees.