As Director of Blackwater Quarries, I give my full commitment to ensuring the development and implementation of the necessary control measures to maximise the Businesses ability to discharge its workplace health and safety obligations effectively and efficiently.
My aim is to provide an environment that actively supports a positive and proactive safety culture for all our employees, contractors, suppliers and the general public.
This will be achieved by:
- All employees having their Workplace Health and Safety accountabilities and responsibilities clearly identified and communicated to them through their position descriptions and the performance review process.
- All employees being adequately trained in the necessary skills to discharge their Workplace Health and Safety accountabilities and responsibilities effectively.
- Incorporating Workplace Health and Safety practices and requirements in all business planning processes and adequately resourcing initiatives to improve continuously our performance.
- Developing and implementing risk management strategies to manage workplace health and safety risks proactively.
- Establishing and regularly reviewing Workplace Health and Safety targets and objectives.
- Actively supporting all employees to participate in health and wellness programs.
- Developing and maintaining effective employee stakeholder consultation in relation to all relevant Workplace Health and Safety issues.
- Reviewing this policy annually to ensure it remains current and aligns with contemporary Workplace Health and Safety practices and requirements and legislative changes.
Your continued involvement is essential to ensure the successful management of Workplace Health and Safety and I expect all employees to participate actively in Workplace Health and Safety and Rehabilitation programs.
Together we can enable Blackwater Quarries to deliver on all of our responsibilities while maintaining a healthy and safe work environment for all.